uTorrent is the most popular BitTorrent client available to users to download legalized torrents easily that includes open source downloads but some people have been using torrent for downloading illegal games, movies etc but that’s a topic for another day. Today I will show you how you can easily stop uTorrent From Opening On Startup in Windows 10.
Steps To Stop uTorrent From Opening On Startup in Windows 10
- Open uTorrent.
- Go to Options > Preferences or simply press Ctrl + P simultaneously.
- A Preferences window will be up right in front of you. Under General settings uncheck the start uTorrent when windows start as shown in the image below.
- That’s it now you should not face any issue.
Even after disabling from the uTorrent’s menu a number of users are not able to fix the problem, so follow below mentioned steps.
- Press Windows + R to open the RUN dialog box.
- Type msconfig >> startup, most probably it will say you to go to the task manager. Open the task manager by pressing ctrl+shift+esc simultaneously.
- Go to the startup tab and disable the application.
The Magic of Windows Update
Now, there are still some rare chances that your uTorrent keeps bleeping on every startup, all thanks to Latest Windows 10 Update :), let me explain: With the latest Windows Update, Windows automatically restarts all processes that were processing at the time of shutdown so simply go to task manager and close the uTorrent process. This will completely close all the uTorrent processes.
You can now turn off your computer and on next start-up, you will not see uTorrent popping in front of your eyes again.
So, I tried my best to list all the working methods to Stop uTorrent From Opening On Startup in Windows 10.