A custom recovery can help to install third party firmware to modify your device that you cannot do with a stock recovery. TWRP was developed initially for nexus devices but it has been made available for a countless number of smartphones including Pixel devices, Samsung, Xiaomi, Nokia etc.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery In Redmi Note 7 Pro
- You must have an unlocked bootloader.
- Now boot your phone into fastboot mode by pressing vol.down + power button simultaneously.
- Download Twrp Recovery for Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- Download ADB drivers and go to the installed folder of ADB, typically it should be C:\adb.
- On the same folder >>Shift + right click >> PowerShell window >> Type fastboot devices.
- You should see your device listed but if you cannot see your device there do not worry just install Xiaomi drivers.
- Once your device confirmed as a fastboot device then type code:
fastboot flash recovery File_Name.img
- Reboot into Twrp Recovery by Vol.up + power button.
Steps To Root Redmi Note 7 Pro
Magisk is known as a “systemless” root method. It’s essentially a way to modify the system without actually modifying it. Magisk do not modify system files that allows us to use payment apps without any problem and it is considered the safest way to root any device.
- Download Magisk File and copy to internal storage of the phone.
- Boot into Twrp Recovery.
- Install the Magisk Zip file.
So, finally you have installed TWRP and are all set to root Redmi Note 7 Pro. If you have any questions, post it in the comment section.