Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 is a decent smartphone after recent price cut that one can buy for INR 10,999. It packs a set of excellent specifications like a Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 Processor, dual rear camera setup and bears a humongous 5000 mah battery. There are many benefits of rooting and installing a custom recovery like TWRP as mentioned below.
- With a rooted device, you can unlock new possibilities to use your device like you can install a custom audio mod, change system settings and much more.
- If you have a custom recovery installed then you are free to install custom ZIPs like ROMs, Kernels, Patches to your device to make it more functional or to add some exclusive features that are absent from your stock ROM.
*Technoister is not responsible for any damage to your device by doing the process to unlock the bootloader, if you are a complete newbie then I would suggest to not indulge in the process and take the help of an experienced person*
Before going ahead we need to unlock the bootloader of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 prior rooting or installing TWRP. So follow below steps carefully to unlock the bootloader.
Install ADB Setup
- Go to settings >> about phone >> Tap on build number multiple times until it says you are a developer.
- Go back >> Open Developer options >> Enable USB debugging.
- Now, Download Unlock file and extract it.
- Install ADB Setup to install required ADB drivers to your PC.
- Power off your phone > Reboot into fastboot mode by pressing power button + volume up button simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to PC.
- On the same extracted folder you will get a unlock folder. Open the unlock folder and double click on the unlock and now the phone will reboot itself and Boom! you have unlocked the bootloader of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Install TWRP: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
After we have unlocked the bootloader of the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2, now we can install any custom recovery. However, most stable and reliable custom recovery is TWRP so we will be using TWRP as a reference for the article.
- Reboot Asus Zenfone Max Pro m2 to fastboot mode by pressing power button + volume up button simultaneously.
- Connect the phone to your PC.
- Download preferred TWRP version according to the Android version. You will get a .img file, paste the .img file inside the unlock folder.
- Open CMD by typing CMD in the address bar of the folder or hold shift and right click on the same unlock folder>> select command prompt / Power shell.
*If you are not able to install twrp, then install this ADB setup > go to installed directory > Open CMD.
- Type fastboot devices to confirm whether the device is connected successfully or not.
- Now Type: Fastboot flash recovery File_Name.img.
Root: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
To root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 we need to flash Magisk through TWRP recovery that we flashed in the above step.
So that’s it now you have a rooted, unlocked Asus zenfone max pro m2 with a custom TWRP recovery.